What’s the Skinny on Skincare? These are the Kate Somerville Products You Need, Approved by Me.
Let me preface this post by saying that I have been a huge fan of the Kate Somerville brand for quite some time now. Sometimes life is funny and works out in interesting ways. Case in point: My friend Lainey and I love the podcast The Lady Gang and Kate, the fabulous creator of the line, was a guest. She talked about how she built her brand from the ground up and I was fascinated. Lainey and I chatted about how cool she sounded and how awesome it would be to get a facial. Fast-forward to three weeks later and I was asked to attend a beauty blogging event, which included a small group discussion with Kate herself at her clinic in West Hollywood! The world works in mysterious ways, people!
A little bit on the blogging event, if you’re wondering – it was amazing! Kate is so friendly, relatable, and beautiful, and her team is beyond awesome. Myself, Kate, and a group of about 10 beauty bloggers and influencers chatted about all things skincare, beauty, marketing, and social media over lunch. It was such an incredible experience. Oh, and the Kate Somerville Clinic: *insert hallelujah hands here*.
After the event, I booked a facial for a couple weeks later, and again, WOW. It was such a luxurious experience, and the woman who performed the facial was so sweet and personable. I really enjoyed asking her questions and learning about my skin. She was a total expert.
Here’s the run-down of what I learned during the facial:
- My skin was SUPER dehydrated; basically any breakouts, oiliness, dryness aka everything that was going wrong could be traced back to my lack of water intake. Dually noted.
- If you have skin like mine, which might have some “congestion”, unevenness, or discoloration, you should be getting a facial once a month for about six months, and then every other after that.
- Fight oil with oil. If you’re not applying an oil or serum, your skin will actually produce it’s own, in turn making you even oilier.
I was so excited to try out all the new products I picked up and they did not disappoint! These are the newest additions to my skincare routine, and I’m hooked. The entire line is so innovative and powerful, and I can’t get over how great my skin feels.
- Exfolikate: this best seller is what everyone (and I mean everyone) has been talking about lately, naming it the best exfoliator. Made with lactic acid and powerful ingredients, this scrub leaves skin feeling polished, clean, and glowing. Use sparingly if you have super dry or sensitive ski, as in every three or so days.
- DermalQuench Liquid Lift: This is my favorite product of them all! During my facial, I received the clinic treatment version of this product, and then picked up the retail version so I could do it at home. It’s a spray that infused the skin with hydration and a ton of skin-loving essentials like hyaluronic acid. My skin needed this BAD, and it is the best refresher if you need a serious dose of moisture.
- Tight’N Cryogenic: Okay, maybe I lied. THIS might be my favorite product, or at least tied. This stuff is like nothing I ever tried, and trust me, I’ve tried it all. The consistency is a foam, but then it instantly turns to a gel and its freezing cold (which feels amazing) once you press it to the skin. It instantly tightens the skin and increases elasticity – it’s never too early to start!